Monday, May 2, 2016

Drink Coasters.....

So, first.. this was on the fly video as you can see i'm in my PJ's and in my living room. :-)

Items you need:
Cement
Mold
Water - I use old water from water bottle that I didn't finish drinking.
Paint
Tape or anything else you may want to put on it.

Ideas for decoration - Gold leaf, Silver leaf, gold pen, picture, yarn, and so much more.

Steps:

  1. You want to get your cement all mixed up. That's right, mix it up baby! You want it to look like pancake mix. There really isn't any measuring but you will know when you get it right. I got the quick dry cement from Darby Smart.
  2. Pour it into the mold. The mold that I am using came from Bold Molds.
  3. Once you finish pouring, make sure to tap the side of mold. This helps with making sure you don't get those ugly bubbles. 
  4. Let it sit for like 20 mins.
  5. If you want to check on it, touch the top of it and make sure that it doesn't feel wet still. If it is a little soft, let it sit for another 10 mins. 
  6. After its dry, just pop that bad boy out. No, really... that is the best thing about Bold Molds, things just pop right out. 
  7. Now, this is where things get fun. it's time for your imagination to run wild. To do anything that you can think of. Just remember after you finish, make sure to seal your piece. 
If you don't have the time to purchase the item from Bold Molds, please email me and I can put an order together for you DIY project.

As always,
 Love, Peace, Craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment



UA-51547635-1